Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Independence Day and Our Lady Queen of Peace

So this week's email is pretty short. Last week, Elder Brown was in Jasper, so we moved our emails back to Thursday.  So not much has happened since then.  Friday, we helped with a youth leadership camp that took place on a ranch at the edge of Edmonton (It was called Our Lady Queen of Peace Ranch). It was a great time. We built good relationships with those involved and helped strengthen our relationship with ASSIST, a great community services center based here in Edmonton.  It was lots of fun, and I am super glad we got to help/participate. 
Saturday was July 4th!  Not much happened here. Sister McRitchie, an awesome member in this area invited us over for breakfast, and fed us red, white, and blue pancakes.  They were delicious!  It was a great was to start off a Happy America day.  After that,  we did nothing else that was America.  We did lots of yard work with Spanish people.  That was fun.  Its always a great time when we can get out of a dress shirt and into a pair of jeans. I always feel much more relaxed anyways.
Sunday was spent fasting and praying... Most of it at least.  We went to the YSA ward, and then came home and studied until dinner, when someone had invited us over. That was great.  And then we went to go say goodbye to some people in Elder Brown's old area. It's that time of the transfer. He's about to go home, only 9 days left!  Its been great serving with him, and I am so grateful for all the things he's taught me and I have been able to learn from him. I'm glad to have his example.
Another person I am grateful for is my Lord and Savior Jesus. Through his infinite mercy I am continually striving to be a better person than I was before.  I am so grateful for the chance I have to know Christ in a personal way, and for the strength that this gives me.  And I am grateful for the chance to share this with those around me in Edmonton Canada.  
Love you all and miss you!

Ps. Some pictures from service with ASSIST. 



No comments:

Post a Comment