Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Week of Garage Sales

So this has been a good week.  Lots of fun, lots of work.  As a district leader, I went on two exchanges, which was a bit weird for me.  So I spent a day serving as a Spanish Elder, and a day serving as an English Elder!  Both were fun, and very different from Chinese.  I met some great people who are well on their way to baptism!  It was awesome!  I had such a good time serving with Elder Andino and Elder Nemeth.  And then, on Friday, when I got back with my companions we spent some good time finding people through garage sales. Its interesting to find stuff, and its a good conversation starter with people. I loved it.  I think its a great way to find people.
We also volunteered at a job fair yesterday. There are so many neat people there. I've met very smart people and those who are really looking to accomplish something. And it was tons of fun.

This week, while fun, still hasn't been easy. Before I came on my mission, I expected things to be easy and nice. That's never the case. Things here are hard. But they are worth it.  They are worth the fight. You meet great people, you grow in the gospel, and you become a better person. I know I have, and I know that is through the power of the gospel.

I had an exchange with Elder Liu. That's how it ended up.



No comments:

Post a Comment