Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Transfers - My Luck Could Only Hold Out So Long

So I'll explain the title line.  Yesterday was the morning of transfer calls.  I have stayed in the North Stake, my first area, for 9 months.  I have grown to love this area.  To love the people and experiences that I have faced here.  But it is time to move. I have been asked to move to the Bonnie Doon Stake, in the East of Edmonton.  Which I am super stoked for!  Bonnie Doon covers the university, and has the most young Chinese people, who are generally more receptive than the older families that live in the North.  I will be serving with Elder Saumweber, who just finished his training.  I am super stoked for the chance to serve with him.

This week has been Elder Brown's last week in the mission.  It gives him, and me, a chance to reflect on missions, life, and the brevity of it all. It makes me appreciate the time I have here, and renews my desire to work hard, to fulfill the purpose that I came here for.  Because, even though I know when the mission day of reckoning should be, it comes faster than I know it.  I am so grateful for the chance to serve the Lord in Edmonton.  I love you all and hope you are doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment