Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Frozen Water Falling From The Sky Is Of The Devil

So I'll just start by explaining my title there.  This is something I said when it started hailing a bit a few days ago.  Elder Decker has lived in many cold places, but me, being the Arizona kid I am, am not used to any water falling from the sky, much less frozen water.  So I made the comment that water from the sky was unnatural, and frozen water was of the devil.  Elder Decker thought that this was hilarious.  So he won't let me forget about it.
Anyway, the rest of this week has been slow.  We are recovering from transfer craziness, and getting into a settled routine with Elder Decker and myself.  Surprisingly, this brings out a fair bit of my weird side.  As surprising as that might be to those of you who knew me.  But its definitely been a fun companionship so far. And we've done some good work.
We had a great lesson with Hugh on Monday night, and we are grateful for the friends he's making at church and the influence they have on him.
We also had an amazing lesson with Wilson, a less active who received the gospel in Ireland, and who is a proud father of a 1 year old. While his kid and wife are in China visiting family, we've had a great chance to work with him and help him to prepare to bless his family with his strength in the church when they return. 

This week has been super awesome and so much fun. I love being here and I love being a missionary.  I miss home, but I love it here and service here so much.  The Gospel is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment