Monday, March 30, 2015

From Tanks to Dojos

This has been an interesting week.  After Elder Brown and I left emails on Monday, we saw a tank/BTR driving through St. Albert.  And I wondered why St. Albert was such a nice place...  That night, we went to FHE expecting a few investigators to show up.  The activity was a snowball fight, and while we waited, we ended up getting hit and involved in the fight.  It was lots of fun, although an Arizonan stands no chance against Canadians in any fight about snow...  Don't even try it.

Tuesday was also a good day.  We tried to find people on the buses in the morning, with little success.  That evening we went to a dinner that was as far North as Elder Brown has ever gone.  And a daughter in the family was a really good singer, she is actually recording for a song to go on the radio in the next month.

Wednesday Night we went to Joe's Dojo again.  He started teaching us a few nunchuck tricks, that were pretty sweet.  I wasn't too good, but Elder Brown was a bit better.  There is a video that is too big to send on this email, but it exists.  Elder Brown was also bleeding.  A dojo teacher was showing us how we could not hit him. He used Elder Brown's hand to hit Elder Brown's head, but the nail caught and gave him a scratch.   

Other than that, this week has been fairly normal.  The snow is almost all gone, and I love it. I am told the city gets a lot more beautiful after everything turns green in the summer, and I am excited for it.

This week also is the beginning of the Because He Lives Initiative. If you haven't taken a chance to see that video, I strongly recommend it.  It is a great video, and I love the message it shares. I know that Christ's sacrifice, his Atonement, is the single greatest event of history.  It is the one thing that makes everything, our lives, this Earth, everything we have and everything we are, worth it.  Without Christ, we have no way to return to our Father in Heaven.  With him, and following his plan, we can return and join in glory and joy with God and our Elder Brother.  I know this is the true.  I am so glad to be on a mission and to be sharing the message with others.  I love and miss you all!


Elder Ethington

No comments:

Post a Comment