Monday, January 26, 2015

Transfers (The Second Round)

So as we eagerly awaited transfer calls this morning, I dealt with a nervous Elder Liu, who would not stop asking me for the phone.  Until I hid it under my leg.  He didn't want it after that for some reason.  But the big news of the week: We're both staying right where we are.  So that's our big news.  Elder Liu is excited, he really didn't want to leave the North.  Which is probably good, we have a few investigators and people we meet with that don't like my Mandarin, so they need him around.
This week has been pretty good though.  A few highlights:  Elder Liu hit a light pole.  On Wednesday, there was freezing rain, that left the streets like an ice rink.  It was really bad.  And we decided to drive around doing finding.  Not our best idea.  Needless to say, we were rewarded for our decision.  It's not very bad, its more a pain to deal with than anything else.  Also, I may start driving soon because of this.  So there's something new.
Elder Liu has been a little sick this week, so we spent a lot of time in the apartment again.  I've tried to help him wake up (I squirted him in the face with my squirt bottle one day just to mix things up, and he hated it) but he still has problems with sleep and health in general.
We did teach a referral we received from the Londonderry Sisters this week.  His name is Steven and he is interested in learning about the cultures of religion.  And he was really willing to meet with us, and to start reading the Book of Mormon.  We are so excited for him.  Other than this, we are working on inviting people to our Chinese New Year Fireside, but most people already have a celebration they are going to, so that has been a little frustrating.  Still, we are working on getting people there. 
One thing I've learned to appreciate and use more this week is planning.  I've seen a huge difference in the last little bit as I've made and stuck to plans.  It is truly an inspired pattern of missionary work and living.

That's pretty much my week.  I hope everyone is doing well.   I love and miss you all!

Elder Ethington

No comments:

Post a Comment