Monday, January 19, 2015

Cookies, Toilets, and Warmer Temperatures

So this week has been really good.  On Last P-Day, Elder Liu and I decided to use a gift card someone had given us after we had done some service for them.  We quickly found out that it had more than the $20 the lady who had given it to us had thought. It instead had the full $50 that was on it.  So we got a week of free groceries.  In light of this, I determined to buy some ingredients for making cookies.  So I made two batches of cookies this week.  Both turned out all right, although the dough for the second batch was sketchy.  But it was alright. 

This week we tried to help an investigator family for another set of Elders as they prepared their basement for someone to move into it.  But we had issues with scheduling and dinners and were only able to help a little.  But it was good to offer service.

I also learned this week how to take apart a stretchy watch band.  Our Less Active Member has one that is too big, so I experimented on mine, and found out how to make it shorter, so I will do that for her this week.  And I will fix an issue she is having with her toilet.  So, lots of service recently.


Elder Liu and I are still trying to find more people to teach, but this Saturday, sisters in one of the wards found a Chinese man named Steven who was interested in learning about religion.  We will meet with him this week, probably on Saturday, and we are really excited.  We are still trying to find good ways to tract or to talk to those Chinese people that live in the Northern end of Edmonton.  I think this has been the most frustrating for me, not experiencing lots of success this way. 
We did meet with President Manion and the language missionaries for a language meeting this week, and he told us there is another Mandarin Elder coming soon, who is from China, and can speak both Mandarin and Cantonese.  I've told President I'd like to try to learn Cantonese, so I am really excited for Elder Wu to get here.  Anyway, I've got to go, I love and miss you all! 


Studying in his new hat.



Crumbly Cookie Dough
Cookies!



Dinner at the Jensen's with seven other elders.


No comments:

Post a Comment