Monday, February 2, 2015

Driving and More Snow

This week has been a good week.  With transfers, there are a few familiar faces that are gone now.  Elder Nelson, one of the Londonderry Elders, left to a new area and so asked for us to help him with getting ready for that on Tuesday.  We were able to, and then we had to go to an appointment with Helen.  Helen is doing really well, she is starting to show more and more interest in things about the Book of Mormon and other things.  Which is really exciting for us.

This week we are gearing up for our Chinese New Year fireside, which is set to be lots of fun.  Elder Liu will give a talk, and so I'm excited to see how he does this time.  But we have been giving out lots of flyers to anyone who speaks Chinese.  Its nice to have a specific activity to invite these people to rather than an English Church meeting...  I think the work here will accelerate rapidly, so I am excited for that.  We are gathering members, and we are still waiting for what I see as the critical mass.  But when it happens, its going to go so big.  I get really excited for it.
This week I started driving, and thats a totally new experience.  I am constantly reminded (mostly by family) how little I know about driving on the snow.  So, needless to say, I am trying to take it very carefully.
Other than that, yesterday we helped an investigator who had badly sprained his leg to go to the hospital and see a doctor.  When he went to actually talk to the doctor, the security asked Elder Liu and I to stay behind, and we did.  We stayed for quite a while.  And in the waiting room there was a TV playing the Super Bowl.  Its weird to think the only time I've watched part the Super Bowl on Sunday was on my mission....  But really, I tried not to watch.  And I realized why we can't, its too dang distracting!

But it has been a good week.  We are doing well in Edmonton, surviving in the snowy flatlands.  I truly miss the mountains in Arizona, and the beauty of the desert, but I am getting used to the beauty of the North.

Elder Nelson (not T.J.'s companion)  taking pictures of the river view

River View

Downtown Edmonton


No comments:

Post a Comment