Monday, October 27, 2014

So this week was a pretty great week.  Elder Wimmer and I have been having a great time with our investigators and had definitely our best lessons this week. There were two that stand out to me with just me and him, and one from when I was still with Elder Clark and Elder Wimmer.  The first, with all three of us, was a Skype TRC appointment, which I have another of today after this....  Woohoo...., and the investigator told us that she had two questions she had been praying about.  One had already been answered, and then another was answered by one of the scriptures we shared in our lesson.  That was a really cool experience.  Its one of those things I see the Spirit working through the missionaries.

Another lesson was with the investigator version of our teacher.  We were trying to teach the commandment to follow the prophet, and to do this, we included a conference talk about some of the things we  had been talking about recently in our lessons, mainly exercising faith through Prayer and Scripture study.  Our teacher told us afterwards that it answered a prayer, which we weren't sure if it was her personal prayer or the investigators.  But again, that was really awesome.

Ok, the third lesson.  We teach the other companionships in our district so that we can have more teaching and get to know how an investigator feels.  Some of the companionships don't take this a seriously, but the others are patterning their investigators on real people, so its an actual thing for them.  And one of those was the sisters.  We were teaching them on Saturday, and Elder Wimmer recited the First Vision in Mandarin, and it was really powerful, and I asked them what their thoughts were, and it was really quite for a while, but not at all an awkward quiet.  And then Wu Jie Mei (Sister Baird's investigator, who had been really closed up) broke the silence and told us she didn't have a thought so much as a feeling that was just too big in her heart.  And it was just a really powerful witness to the investigators and to me personally that Joseph Smith's account and his experience are true, and that that is the message we are going out to teach.


This week turned out to be pretty good.  It started out kind of rough, but I was able to see those around me who tried to cheer me up, and I was glad for that.  My teacher took the only thing she really could, the fact that when we do Chinese exercises in class I talk about cookies, and she brought cookies to class to try to cheer me up.  Its just been a really good end to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment