Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Heritage Days

Hey All!  How has your week been?  This week has been pretty crazy here in Edmonton.  It's also my second to last week to send out this email!  Crazy!

Well this week, the major event was Heritage Days.  All 8 of the Mandarin speaking missionaries were asked to help volunteer at the Taiwanese pavilion during Heritage Festival.  The Festival is a three day event of each country showcasing arts, foods, and other parts of their own unique culture to help show and celebrate the multi-cultural heritage of Alberta!  It was so much fun to see all the different cultures and backgrounds people come from.  Truly an awesome event!  I spent the majority of my time volunteering for the A/V at the Taiwan tent, helping to make sure performances went smoothly and moving things.  Lots of things.  But it was lots of fun.  I also got to try on a costume.  I didn't dance in it, but some elders did, and it was pretty great.


Other than that, this week has been pretty slow.  David passed his baptismal interview, so he is set to go on August 13th, my last Saturday in Edmonton!  Crazy how fast things go!  But I'm so excited to get home.  Sad to leave, but excited to see family.  Anyway, that's my week!  Hope you are doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment