Monday, April 27, 2015

Fat Makes Humility-Chinese Proverb

From April 14, 2015

Ok, so that isn't really a Chinese Proverb.  At least an old one.  But it is what a Chinese member told me at English class this week.  This particular member often teases me and calls me zeng pang pang, (fat fat Ethington).  He was telling me something about my Chinese, and I told him that it was bad, and he said that in Chinese.  And explained, if you tell a fat person, you eat a lot, they say, "no, I only eat a little"...  But I'm keeping the saying.
So this week has been very slow again.  We met with a few Less Active Members, but it has been hard to keep some motivation to be out all the time.  I was expecting this to be my last week in the area, but I found out this morning that I will stay, with a new companion.  I will serve with Elder Decker, and Elder Brown will go to the South to serve in one half of the stake with Elder Liu.  Which nobody saw coming.
Other than that, not much has happened this week. I am excited for a new companion, and the chance to work with more people.  Keep praying for us!

Elder Ethington

No comments:

Post a Comment