Monday, February 9, 2015

Driving, The New Year Fireside, and Success

This week has been a very good week for Elder Liu and myself.  We found out this week we have 3 new people we will start meeting with in the next 3 weeks.  Which is pretty great since we haven't had a really solid new investigator since I got here.  I have no doubt this is connected to our renewed effort to be more obedient and work together as a companionship.
This week we had our Chinese New Year Fireside, which was great.  There were so many people there, it was great.  Lots of people I had met through English class, and they brought friends.  It was a great chance for all our members and investigators to get together, which was awesome.  And I got to watch Elder Liu give a talk again (this time in Mandarin).  And then we had food afterwards.  It was very good, but I didn't get to see everything, I was caught up talking to people for most of the time.  But it was a great experience.

Other than that, I have been driving this week, during snow.  It is difficult, but not as bad as I may have thought.  It was fun to be out during some of the storms, although I didn't particularly want to go fast when I was.  Not that that bothers me or the vehicle coordinator.  Elder Liu will just have to learn to live with it.

Anyway, I'm grateful for all the prayers, and all the support of everyone.  It makes a huge difference in the experience I am having.  Hope you are all doing fantastic!
New Year Fireside



No comments:

Post a Comment