Monday, December 1, 2014

The Snow Finally Sets In

This week has been great.  We started with Zone conference, which was fun, and a good chance to learn as always.  There was a big push for driving safety with the crazy snows we've had.  We had a "storm" here, a "blizzard" for Utah, and the flippin' apocalypse for Chandler here over Thursday and Friday.  It gives us a good opportunity to do snow shoveling, which I have decided is not the worst thing I could be doing.  On Saturday we shoveled the Londonderry chapel, and I feel like as long as its not snowing and blowing, I could do that all day.  It was cold enough that I wasn't really sweating, and I just never got tired.  Hopefully I have a few pictures to send you all as well, they are on my companion's camera.
We didn't get a lesson with Hugh this week, and he didn't make it to church, which was sad, but he's still recovering from traveling with his parents.  We did meet with Helen, the less active who is teaching us to play bridge.  Its surprisingly similar to Rook and Wizard, so I picked it up quickly.  Elder Liu, not so much.  Hopefully we get to play with her and her non-member husband on Tuesday, although he isn't really anxious to meet us....  We also shoveled Christine's driveway after meeting with Helen this week, and she wanted to buy us coffee.  We told her we couldn't drink that, and then she said next time we came she would make us Hot Chocolate instead.  So I look forward to that.  Looking back, it feels like things are kind of starting to pick up this last week, which is pretty exciting.
Hopefully things continue to pick up here. We are going to try to organize some kind of Mandarin group to watch the First Presidency devotional all together this Sunday, so hopefully that works out for us.  I'm not sure, but I am really hopeful it will end up being helpful.

Anyway, I'm missing you all.  The cold is definitely that.  Cold, but I love it here.
Shoveling snow at the church

No comments:

Post a Comment