Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas!

Merry Christmas!  I hope everyone is doing awesome!  This week has been good, we didn't have as many lessons as we wished, but we did have good lessons with Hugh, so that was good.  He is still getting ready for baptism on the 3rd, and we are super excited for that.
This week was Christmas conference, which was cool.  I finally got to watch Meet the Mormons, which I loved!  It was a great movie, and very well done.
Hugh was able to make it to church this week, even though the Kingsway ward didn't meet.  There was a combined YSA meeting that he went to, and he said he enjoyed, which was great.  Elder Liu and I took the chance to visit some of the other wards in the Stake.
I'm looking forward this week to introducing Elder Liu to some of the Ethington family traditions.  I did find tamales here.  I have no idea how or why, but we live on a street with a bunch of ethnic food shops, one being a place with tamales.  I'm not sure how good they are, but I will at least give them a try.
Speaking of Elder Liu, yesterday was his birthday, and I asked a few other Elders to help me surprise him with a cake and dinner.  And it was not hard to surprise him.  He really didn't see anything coming, and he was really happy. Although, he was also tired and fell asleep on the floor as we were all eating cake...  But that's ok.

Anyway, we are really excited for Christmas and to be able to Skype home.  I hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment