Friday, March 11, 2016

Winter Returns

Hello!  How are you doing this week?  This week has been good here in Edmonton, Canada.  Doing the Lord's work and helping people to come to know Christ and the miracle of his Atonement.  Again this week, I have really come to appreciate the gift of the Atonement.  In his love and mercy, Christ descended below all things. Why?  So he could lift you and me.  I love that.  I love that the Atonement has so many blessings for us.  Not only does it cleanse us from sin, but it also heals is and let's us grow, get better, and become more like Jesus Christ.  And that opportunity for growth, that chance to be better than I can be on my own, is something special. A lot of people may not see the need for that.  But I can tell you that I have learned that through the Savior, through his Atonement and obedience to his commandments, he can help us do more than we can do on our own.  And I can promise as you seek God and ask him about these things, he will tell you they are true.

This week has been good for work in Edmonton.  Elder Decker and I have seen great blessings as we've worked hard and we are so happy to see our friends here progressing.  One of our investigators, Hannah, who has a goal set for baptism in a couple weeks, has moved recently, and this week we will pass her to another set of Elders who work with people in that area.  Kinda of sad to not be teaching her anymore, but still excited for her progression and for the opportunity she has.
Also this week, we've worked with the Greenfield Ward Sister Missionaries, meeting a few families in their ward.  They're great missionaries and are great support to us as we try to work with Chinese people.  For some reason, some people respond better to two young women coming and inviting them to church than they do to us two, not nearly as smiley young men...  So it's great to be able to work with them.  I love to see a harmony in missionary work, with members, other missionaries, or the people we teach.  Just helps assure me we are in the Lord's work.

Well thanks for reading!  Hope you're doing well!


Elder Ethington
Sister Kirts, Sister Lacno, Elder Decker and Elder Ethington posing in the Chinese way

No comments:

Post a Comment