Monday, March 28, 2016

Return To a Familiar Land

I hope you all had a great Easter weekend with a chance to reflect on the reason for the holiday.  Christ and his Resurrection, his return and conquest of the grave. A victory which provides for us the assurance of a resurrection, of being able to live forever in perfected bodies.  How great is that?  I love it so much!  I am so grateful again for the chance to reflect on the Gospel, on Christ, and on the Atonement.  How much these things do for us!  I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has a wonderful plan in place to help us and that we have a loving brother, Jesus Christ, who is willing to sacrifice for us just to give us the chance to come back and live with him.  And he still gives us that choice.  The choice to follow him or the choice to pass it up.  And I am so grateful for the chance I have to help people learn about this choice, and the great blessings that can come from following Jesus Christ.  I love it so much!

This week has been awesome!  We met with Cassiel and Victoria, and they are doing stellar!  So happy to see the progress each is making in the gospel, in learning about Christ and coming to understand his role and to accept him as Savior.  Victoria in particular we have been working with to help her understand the nature of the Church we represent, as the Church of God once again on the Earth.  The only church authorized and holding the priesthood power, the power that brings salvation to the souls of man.  It was great to have Spencer, a recently returned missionary that was good friends with another friend of mine from home (shout out to Colton!) for the lesson with Victoria.  Spencer is such a great missionary!  We love working with the members here and to see their desire to share their testimonies, and to help people receive the blessings that have come to them.

This next week is also has General Conference!  Super excited!  We are setting up a Mandarin version at one of the churches here!  Last chance for me to watch it on my mission!  Which is crazy to think, but I am super excited to here the amazing messages that these men and women of God have to share with us!  Thanks for reading!  Love you and hope you're doing well!

Elder Ethington








 Here are some pictures from my last couple weeks.  Fruit Ninja in the snow, and then exchanges with Elder Elliot.  Also, I forgot to explain the subject line. I'm being transferred. Back to Bonnie Doon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment