Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Mission Conference

Hey!  How's everyone doing?

This week was our Mission Tour with Elder Golden, of the First Quorum of the Seventy.  It was a great chance to learn from Elder Golden.  He taught us a lot about faith, personal righteousness, and the key indicators.  It was a great conference, and I learned a ton.  I have recommitted to perfect obedience.  Elder Golden shared with us that perfect obedience doesn't mean waking up at 6:30 if that is what the rule says.  He told us it is waking up at 6:29.  Living the commandments on the edge is not the way to live.  Instead, he told us to live on the safe side of the commandments.  I loved the wisdom he shared and the knowledge he has.  Afterwards, I was able to have a personal interview with him.  We talked about my family, missionary work, and the scriptures a little bit.  It was a great experience.

Other than that this week has also been a huge success for missionary work in the Bonnie Doon Mandarin area.  We have an investigator, Hanson, on date for baptism.  He is doing awesome!  As well, we have two new investigators to work with.  This week at the YSA Home Evening activity, we had 10 people who showed up.  It was amazing to see the fellowship the ward brings to activities like this.  This particular one was a dinner put on by the bishopric and their wives, and it was great to see how all of the students introduced themselves to our friends, and tried to break down a very obvious language barrier.  I am so grateful for the people I serve around and I serve with.

I hope everyone is enjoying the heat as well, because it started to get cold now.  Today may have actually had a little snow.  It didn't stick, but it felt like the rain at one point turned to snow.  And in that weather, we played Ultimate Frisbee.  It was a great day.


Hope you are having a great time.  And I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment